The Commission should consider using an ad valorem method to remove the unfairness and disparities of tax burden and benefit from the two Projects as and if approved.
Longboat Key resident Larry Grossman asked the town commission last week to support Florida House Bill 143 which allows the regulation of disposable bags in coastal communities. The language allows such communities to form programs and policies on the regulation and use of plastic grocery bags and would also allow a ban if the community [...]
Final debate of election brings strong answers and differences.
• Jaleski against tourism; others say it is manageable.
• How should we solve traffic on the Key? Candidates differ.
• Which candidates are ready to lead? Read the answers.
• How do we redevelop and keep our beauty and ambiance?
• Any lessons learned from the recent defeats in court? You decide.
This year saw a repeat rivalry in the March 2015 race for the At-Large seat, as former Commissioner Gene Jaleski qualified to run against Commissioner Phill Younger. Also in a contested race is former candidate for commission Larry Grossman who will be running against Jack Daly for the District 4 seat. The District 2 seat [...]