|

Island man shocked, loses pulse after ladder strikes power line

On Friday morning a man nearly died from electrocution while working on his home on Longboat Key.

A man working at a Sutton Place residence was busy repairing the gutter of his home when he accidentally hit a power line with his aluminum ladder when moving from one location to another.

The 42 year-old man was shocked to the point of losing his pulse and CPR attempted by his co-workers did not revive him. It was when Longboat Key Fire/Rescue Emergency Personnel arrived within four minutes that they were able through the use of a defibrillator to regain his pulse.

According to Longboat Key Fire Chief Paul Dezzi, when crews arrived the man was unresponsive and in a ditch.

The man was flown to Tampa General Hospital after initially being taken to Sarasota Memorial. He is in stable condition as of press time.  Some Longboat Key residents lost power during the incident.

Tags: ,

Longboat Key News

Leave a Reply